Hipologia Kategoria Chów koni - i wszystko, co z nim związane Strzelające stawy

Strzelające stawy

Strzelające stawy

Strony (4): Wstecz 1 2 3 4
Julia z Orla

Posting Freak

07-04-2010, 05:14 PM #46
Dr Deb Bennet:

"I would never permit the veterinarian to inject any joint for any reason whatsoever, with anything. This is because, no matter how careful the practitioner thinks he's being, shoving the needle into the joint traumatizes the joint. Injecting joints is a stopgap method that has zero chance of curing the horse. Zero. Read the literature that details results of LONG TERM follow-up -- some vets don't read this literature but all of them ought to. You can hold a horse together with injections; it's a way of squeezing another roping run, another go in the show ring, or another year out of them. But it is not a cure and some studies have shown that injections actually shorten the useful lifespan of the horse over what it would have been if no injections had been done.

Instead, have your vet be looking into the use of injectable glucosamine hydrochloride. NOT the sulfate form: that produces allergic reactions, sometimes severe. I used human-grade liquid obtained by my vet from the pharmacy; it was not mixed with other substances, and along with glucosamine sulfate, you should also avoid chondroitin. MSM can be OK, and many of the commercial products contain this, but you probably do not need it. It is much cheaper to use the human-grade liquid than the commercial mixture (about one-fifth the cost). And it's about one-fiftieth the cost of trying to help the horse by feeding it the glucosamine, because glucosamine is relatively indigestible and is not well absorbed from the gut. Injection may therefore LOOK like more money but really you are saving, if you want to get any actual effect on the horse.

You inject the horse with the liquid IM (intra-muscularly). If your vet would like to write to me by private EMail, I will tell him the name of the vet with whom I worked when my Painty Horse got to be past 25 years old and needed the glucosamine for arthritis and mild ringbone. It gave him complete relief, and I was riding him up until two days before he died at age 29. My vet will then tell your vet what the exact treatment protocol is, i.e. dosages and such, and where to get the stuff.

In general, the protocol is you load the horse up the first month -- numerous injections repeated every few days. Then you maintain him with one injection per month thereafter. You assess him after one month, to see whether the treatment is taking effect; if it is, then after one year you re-assess and see if he requires another loading dose. Painty never needed to be re-loaded, but some horses do.
"

Link do wątku.

<r><SIZE size="85"><s></s><URL url="http://stajniaequila.blogspot.com/"><s></s><COLOR color="#80BF00"><s></s>★Stajnia Equila<e></e></COLOR><e></e></URL><br/>
<URL url="http://equimechana.blogspot.com/"><s></s>EQUIMECHANA - o biomechanice ruchu konia<e></e></URL><br/>
<I><s></s>"The horse already understands the human better than the human will ever understand the horse."<e></e></I> D.Bennet<e>
</e></SIZE></r>
Julia z Orla
07-04-2010, 05:14 PM #46

Dr Deb Bennet:

"I would never permit the veterinarian to inject any joint for any reason whatsoever, with anything. This is because, no matter how careful the practitioner thinks he's being, shoving the needle into the joint traumatizes the joint. Injecting joints is a stopgap method that has zero chance of curing the horse. Zero. Read the literature that details results of LONG TERM follow-up -- some vets don't read this literature but all of them ought to. You can hold a horse together with injections; it's a way of squeezing another roping run, another go in the show ring, or another year out of them. But it is not a cure and some studies have shown that injections actually shorten the useful lifespan of the horse over what it would have been if no injections had been done.

Instead, have your vet be looking into the use of injectable glucosamine hydrochloride. NOT the sulfate form: that produces allergic reactions, sometimes severe. I used human-grade liquid obtained by my vet from the pharmacy; it was not mixed with other substances, and along with glucosamine sulfate, you should also avoid chondroitin. MSM can be OK, and many of the commercial products contain this, but you probably do not need it. It is much cheaper to use the human-grade liquid than the commercial mixture (about one-fifth the cost). And it's about one-fiftieth the cost of trying to help the horse by feeding it the glucosamine, because glucosamine is relatively indigestible and is not well absorbed from the gut. Injection may therefore LOOK like more money but really you are saving, if you want to get any actual effect on the horse.

You inject the horse with the liquid IM (intra-muscularly). If your vet would like to write to me by private EMail, I will tell him the name of the vet with whom I worked when my Painty Horse got to be past 25 years old and needed the glucosamine for arthritis and mild ringbone. It gave him complete relief, and I was riding him up until two days before he died at age 29. My vet will then tell your vet what the exact treatment protocol is, i.e. dosages and such, and where to get the stuff.

In general, the protocol is you load the horse up the first month -- numerous injections repeated every few days. Then you maintain him with one injection per month thereafter. You assess him after one month, to see whether the treatment is taking effect; if it is, then after one year you re-assess and see if he requires another loading dose. Painty never needed to be re-loaded, but some horses do.
"

Link do wątku.

<r><SIZE size="85"><s></s><URL url="http://stajniaequila.blogspot.com/"><s></s><COLOR color="#80BF00"><s></s>★Stajnia Equila<e></e></COLOR><e></e></URL><br/>
<URL url="http://equimechana.blogspot.com/"><s></s>EQUIMECHANA - o biomechanice ruchu konia<e></e></URL><br/>
<I><s></s>"The horse already understands the human better than the human will ever understand the horse."<e></e></I> D.Bennet<e>
</e></SIZE></r>

Strony (4): Wstecz 1 2 3 4

• 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek:
 1 gości
Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek:
 1 gości